Republished with permission from PledgeCents, a Classcraft partner. To view the complete article, please visit the PledgeCents blog.
The Day of Giving
Every year, #GivingTuesday has grown more and more popular around the world. People are sharing and contributing to the social needs that mean the most to them. This year, #GivingTuesday is November 28, 2017. On this day, the world will turn to supporting social initiatives surrounding medical, education, and community resources.
In 2015, organizations raised over $116 million online on #GivingTuesday! In 2016, organizations raised more than $177 million online. Last year, we hosted the #GivingTuesday – PledgeCents Competition, which put over $3,000 of additional funds into our fundraising pages. We saw more than $30,000 contributed to pages on PledgeCents. People were sharing on Facebook, emails, and Twitter:
This year, we are doing a little twist from our competition last year.
How Does This Work?
The competition will go from 12:00 a.m. CST until 11:59 p.m. CST on November 28, 2017. Each fundraising page will be placed into a “class” based on the goal amount for the cause. There will be 3 competitions that will happen for each “class” of fundraising pages. We will also provide some extra surprises throughout the day. Click here to see all participating fundraising causes.
Fundraising pages (goal $0-$499)
– Most Dollars Raised: $125 prize
– Most Facebook Shares: $75 prize
– Most New Investors: $50 prize
– Total Prize Money (not including bonus competitions): $250
Fundraising pages (goal $500-$999)
– Most Dollars Raised: $400 prize
– Most Facebook Shares: $200 prize
– Most New Investors: $150 prize
– Total Prize Money (not including bonus competitions): $750
Fundraising pages (goal $1,000+)
– Most Dollars Raised: $750 prize
– Most Facebook Shares: $500 prize
– Most New Investors: $300 prize
– Total Prize Money (not including bonus competitions): $1,500
Honor Roll Power Hour Prizes = TBA
– 7 a.m. – 8 a.m. CST: The first fundraising page to receive contributions from 10 investors will win $100.
– 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. CST: The fundraising page that raises the most money will win $100.
For every fundraising page that meets its goal = receive an additional $50
How do I get ready for #GivingTuesday?
1) Create a fundraising page (either by yourself or with a team of peers).
2) Before #GivingTuesday, start sharing with your community that your page will be participating in a contest on #GivingTuesday. Let them know that is the day they can make a big impact for you.
3) You can create a strategy to how you can win all 3 prizes in your class. If you have a team helping you, you can assign certain people to each prize and make sure everyone is focusing on winning their assigned prize for the page.
4) On #GivingTuesday, start sharing and sharing … and share more. You have 24 hours to maximize the opportunity to win prizes, raise funds, and raise awareness.
Get your fundraising page started, grab your team, and let the festivities begin!
Is any fundraising page eligible to participate?
Yes. All existing fundraising pages (live before November 28) and new fundraising pages (started on November 28) will be eligible to participate.
Am I allowed to win more than one competition within my “class”?
Yes. You are able to win all 3 competitions for your “class” and win the “Honor Roll” prizes.
If I have a fundraising page up before November 28, do the funds I have earned so far count towards the #GivingTuesday competition?
No. All fundraising pages will be considered at 0 as soon as it’s 12:00 a.m. CST on November 28.
If I win, how will I be notified?
We will have a leaderboard at the top of this page. The leaderboard will be updated at the top of the hour. The leaderboard for the “Honor Roll” prizes will be updated every 15 minutes. At the end of the day, the fundraising pages that have won will receive an email from our team to notify them.
When will the funds be placed into my fundraising page if I win?
All winning teams will receive investments on November 29, 2017.
What if my page is scheduled to end before (or on) November 28, 2017?
Make sure to email our team at [email protected] and let us know that you want your fundraising page to be extended. We will make the extension on your behalf.
It’s never too early to start spreading the word about #GivingTuesday! Click the button below and get started on your fundraising page today so you can be sure to take full advantage of all these ways to bring more opportunities to your community!
Photo credit: Wavebreak Media / Shutterstock.com